Abstract submission is closed and full paper submission will open immediately after the Symposium. If you want to prepare your paper early, please use the template for AIP Conference Proceedings, which you will find in this link: https://aip.scitation.org/apc/authors/preppapers
The full papers will be published in AIP Conference Proceedings. All the poster and oral presentations will be invited to submit full papers to be considered for publication in AIP Conference Proceedings.
Registration is open and the payment instructions are available in the Fees & Conditions Tab below
European Championships 2018 will be held in Glasgow after the RGD31, we highly recommend you to book your flights and hotels early. Limited on-campus accommodation can be booked for early registrations. The students from outside of EU can apply for on-campus free accommdation by 30 March.
On-campus accommodation: single-room en-suite with breakfast, £300 for 6 nights; single-room with shared bathroom with breakfast, £220 for 6 nights (fully booked now).
Welcome from the organisers
Scottish scientists, including James Clerk Maxwell, have made indispensable contributions to rarefied gas dynamics. RGD31 will provide an opportunity to experience Scotland’s rich legacy in science, mathematics and engineering. We look forward to welcoming you to Glasgow on 23rd – 27th July, 2018.
Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde, 99 George St, Glasgow, Scotland G1 1RD
December 4, 2017: Abstract submission opens
February 1, 2017: Registration opens
March 30, 2018: Abstract submission deadline (extended)
April 15, 2018: Acceptance notification
June 15, 2018: Registration deadline
July 23-27, 2018: Symposium
Relevant topics include
- Boltzmann and Related Equations - Kinetic and Transport Theory
- Numerical Methods for Kinetic Equations - DSMC and Related Simulations
- Molecular Dynamics and other Particle Methods - Multiscale Modelling
- Porous Media Flows - Granular Flows and Aerosols
- Non-equilibrium Reacting Flows - Moment Methods
- Vacuum Technology - Experimental Techniques for Non-equilibrium Flows
- High-performance Computing in RGD - Space Vehicle Aerodynamics
- Molecular Beam and Collisions - Gas-Surface Interactions
- Plasma Flows and Processes - Jets and Plumes
- Micro- and Nano-scale Flows - Radiation and Astrophysics
- Reaction and Relaxation Processes
Local Organisation Committee
Yonghao Zhang, Marco Fossati, Dimitris Drikakis, Lei Wu, Sina Haeri (University of Strathclyde)
Jason Reese (University of Edinburgh)
Duncan Lockerby (University of Warwick)
David Emerson (STFC Daresbury Laboratory)
Konstantinos Kontis, Craig White (University of Glasgow)
International Advisory Committee
A. Alexeenko (USA), Y.A. Bondar (Russia), D. Bruno (Italy), R. Caflisch (USA), R. Campargue (France), C. Day (Germany), J. Fan (China), J. M. Fernandez (Spain), A. Frezzotti (Italy), M.A. Gallis (USA), M.-A. Gaveau (France), V. Giovangigli (France), M. Grabe (Germany), A. Ketsdever (USA), G.M. Kremer (Brazil), E.V. Kustova (Russia), D. Levin (USA), T. Niimi (Japan), S. O'Byrne (Australia), A.K. Rebrov (Russia), H. Struchtrup (Canada), K. Suzuki (Japan), Q. Sun (China), S. Takata (Japan), I. Wysong (USA), Y. Zhang (UK)
RGD Board of Honor
T. Abe (Japan), V. Aquilanti (Italy), K. Aoki (Japan), G. A. Bird (Australia), A. V. Bobylev (Russia), I. Boyd (USA), M. Capitelli (Italy), A. L. Garcia (USA), R. Gatignol (France), J. K. Harvey (UK), L. J. F. Hermans (Netherlands), F. Huisken (Germany), E. Knuth (USA), J. A. Kunc (USA), J. C. Lengrand (France), M. Mareschal (Belgium), J. N. Moss (USA), K. Nanbu (Japan), Y. A. Rijov (Russia), A. Santos (Spain), B. Shizgal (Canada), Y. Sone (Japan), T. Ytrehus (Norway)
Full registration and payment instructions are made available in the Fees & Conditions Tab
The 31st International Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics will be held at: Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde, 99 George St, Glasgow, Scotland G1 1RD
For information on how to get to the University of Strathclyde, please visit: https://www.strath.ac.uk/conferencingandevents/delegateinformation/gettinghere/
Taxis are a great, hassle-free and convenient way to get to the airport. There are over 450 taxi companies serving Glasgow airport and the surrounding areas, many of which specialise in airport taxis and can offer great rates.
Find cheap airport taxis near you by checking out our Glasgow airport Taxi Listings.
The listings include contact details and a description of each company's services to help you book a taxi to suit your needs.
All public buses depart from the front of the terminal building. Charter coaches pick up and drop off passengers at the short stay coach park on Bute Road, adjacent to international arrivals.
There are frequent services to Glasgow city centre operated by Citylink and Fairline as a combined service 905. All services have drop off points at various locations in the city including close to Glasgow Central and Queen Street railway stations and at Buchanan bus station.
Single fare to the city centre is £4.49 and £6.29 return. Approximate guide to journey time from airport to city centre by bus is 25 minutes. The city centre bus stops have an airport logo on them.
Registration and Fees
Conference registration is open now. Registration and payment will be through the University of Strathclyde's secure online payment system (Onlineshop). To leave this page and register please follow this Link.
Regular rate £500; Student rate £350
Late and on-site registration: £650 (£500 for students)
The registration deadline for he regular rate is June 15, 2018.
- The registration fees include a reception, a banquet dinner, buffet lunches, tea/coffee breaks, conference materials and full paper publications.
- Accompanying person: Conference attendees can bring an accompanying person for a fee of £100 which includes a reception, a dinner, lunches, and tea/coffee.
- Participants are expected to book and pay their own accommodation and travel expenses. As Glasgow is to host the European Championships 2018 immediately after the symposium, it is advised to arrange your travel early.
- All prices are in Pound sterling.
- Registration fees can only be refunded before June 15, 2018.
- We are keen to support participation by students outside of EU, and will provide free accommodation to a limited number of applicants. Please contact the organiser if you want to apply.
Your payment will be processed through the University of Strathclyde's secure online payment system (Onlineshop), to leave this page and register please follow this Link.